Figure request: Awareness Expert
Duty station: Occupied Palestinian Territories (OpTi) – West Bank
Project Office: Tulkarem City – East Jerusalem
Sectors / Areas of intervention: water, environment, land and natural resources management, climate change.
Contract length: 6 months
DESCRIPTION: Emergency Project (AID 10910) realized by Cesvi in consortium with Overseas Onlus; the project is co-funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) - Office of Jerusalem. The project includes a structured intervention in the field of waste management for the benefit of the vulnerable population of NurShams refugee camp - Tulkarem Municipality. The project will improve the sanitary conditions of the population at risk of Nurshams refugee camp developing a more effective and sustainable waste management system for the camp, supporting UNRWA capability and workers as well as increasing the accountability and sensitization of the population for this issue.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Awareness Expert will be responsible for coordination, implementation and management of the awareness activities, in collaboration with international and local partners, ensuring the achievement of project objectives and adherence to the fundamental principles of cooperation development.
In particular the Awareness Expert will be responsible for:
1. Coordination and general monitoring of the project. In particular:
a) Reports relating to relevant meetings with donors, project partners and other institutional stakeholders to be drawn in the case of very high importance and urgency; b) interim report and final report required by the donor (in coordination with the Italian HQ); c) sending documents, studies and articles whatever information material that allows the HQs to learn more about the project sites and also the country with the aim of advocacy actions; d) liaising with all parties and local stakeholders, for the implementation of specific components.
Specifically, the Awareness Expert should coordinate with Cesvi NGO in the management of internal and external communications, purchasing procedures, management and administration in general, coordination for the implementation of activities.
2. Administration. Specifically: a. Quarterly spending forecast to be updated on a monthly basis; b. monthly accounting (cash and bank); c. compliance and check supporting documents for expenses incurred both from Overseas and by the project partners; d. delivers such documentation to the Italian HQ on a monthly basis.
3. Coordinate the work of local staff and any other expats on the on-site project, to ensure a unified presence of the NGO Overseas, in particular: a. follows the daily activities in the field; b. ensures that all staff is informed about the objectives, results and project implementation strategy, the strategy of the NGOs and the donor.
4. Coordination with local partners in all phases of project implementation, both in the selection of beneficiaries, distribution of goods and materials and rehabilitation (tender procedures);
5. Take care of and following the on-site relations with the donor (AICS);
6. Keep informed about the planning activities with various institutions and stakeholders as possible.
7. Establish and heal relationships with other organizations in the same area of intervention in order to avoid contradictory actions and explore possible cooperation;
8. Report regularly at the Country Representative or to the Italian Desk in order to agree the decisions that modify project strategies and / or the use of financial resources.
9. Organize local missions for HQ Overseas personnel responsible for the project and other expatriate staff to conduct monitoring missions and / or
10. Build and maintain an archive of project / information documents and manage project data;
11. Follow the logistics required by the project and security requirements, such as risk assessments, visas of expatriate staff, coordination with the Country Representative in case of need for security constraints.
Minimum requirements for this position:
• Relevant degree in the field of the sector of project intervention (preferably Social Sciences, Political Science or similar);
• At least 1 year experience in the field of international cooperation, with experience in training, awareness and sensitization activities;
• Previous experience in crisis and emergency situations, preferably in the emergency sector and preferably in Palestine;
• Prior knowledge or prior experience in the area of intervention, especially of the operational contest in Palestine refugee camps, ability to handle extreme emergency situation, knowledge of systems of coordination in the event of evacuation needs from the work area;
• Good knowledge and experience of financial and operational management processes in emergency situations;
• Competence in managing field projects, flexibility ', teamwork, punctuality', excellent capacity 'organization;
• Knowledge and application of the procedures Donor (AICS);
• Advanced computer skills (MS Office);
• Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken); preferably knowledge of the Arabic language (spoken);
• It will be considered an advantage Previous experience in the Middle East and Palestine
Departure: June 2016
To submit your application: send CV in English (three references) and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Subject: Awareness Expert AID 10910 Palestine
Applications deadline: 17/04/2017
Only candidates’ pre - selected for an interview will be contacted. The interviews will take place in Overseas headquarters in Spilamberto (MO). For those candidates living abroad, the interview will take place by skype. Applications received after the date of 17/04/2017 will not be considered, as also the applications sent incomplete.