Cesvi has been working in Palestine since 1994 and it has developed over the years an expertise in the area of water, sanitation and environment through the implementation of projects in the field through partnerships with relevant actors in the sector and active participation in the WASH cluster.
The implemented activities are mainly: construction of water purification system, sewage networks, roads rehabilitation, drainage systems, latrines, cisterns, septic tanks and water pipes; management and construction of municipal solid waste system and hygiene awareness campaigns.
Cesvi is currently implementing projects in the Governorate of Tulkarem, Hebron and in Shufat Refugee Camp in consortium with local partners. The ongoing projects are funded by MAE, Ministry of foreign affairs, UTL, and EU.
The action aims at improving the Solid Waste Management (SWM) system and environmental practices, as a way to contribute to enhance the environmental conditions for the population of Shufat refugee camp (SRC).
The action works on three parallel components/results:
• strengthening of the technical capacity of UNRWA and local organizations to collect and dispose solid waste, increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the present system;
• enhancement of community awareness on the new SW system and proper environmental practices, involving leaders, youths, women and children of SRC;
• rehabilitation and reclamation of key SRC areas, performed with the community itself, to bring ulterior efficiency to the SW collection system and a new sense of public beauty, ownership and cohesion.
The collaboration will start in April 2016.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in East Jerusalem.
The Project manager will work under the supervision of Head of Mission and HQs Desk Officer and she/he will coordinate with the Country Administrator.
- S/He will directly plan projects activities under the supervision of the Head of Mission.
- S/He will coordinate the technical coordinator, awareness coordinator, the local operational staff and local NGOs for the direct implementation and monitoring activities on the ground.
- S/He will ensure the project reporting in accordance with the deadlines, (activities planning, monthly program progress and project final report).
- S/He will work in close in collaboration with the Country Administrator in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning and with the Program Manager.
- S/He will provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times.
- S/He will directly responsible of field staff recruitment and coordination.
- S/He will conduct training /mentoring /coaching for project staff the team on an ongoing basis.
- S/He will guarantee that all the activities are in line with Donors' and Cesvi procedures and rules.
- S/He will report to the donors and ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided.
- S/He will actively participate to the Wash Working Group.
- S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field.
- S/He will liaise with relevant stakeholders.
-University degree in human right law, social science, or development work or another relevant topic.
-Minimum 4 years' project management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs in both protracted crises and development contexts.
-Experience of working with local NGOs as partners as well as proven experience in developing, delivering and evaluating training for staff members and mentoring.
-Ability to produce timely project proposals and high quality narrative reports.
-Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control, especially under EU rules and regulation.
-Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners, and acting effectively as an integration team member.
-Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently.
-Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
-High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package).
-Excellent knowledge of English - written and spoken.
-Prior experience in OPT and/or other complex areas.
-Familiarity with wash cluster and/or SWM working group.
-Experience in waste management programs.
-Knowledge of Arabic.
TO APPLY, PLEASE GO TO CESVI WEBSITE: http://www.cesvi.org/06_2017-pm-opt