SOS Children’s Villages take action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages Palestine is seeking to recruit a Human Resources and Organization Development Manager for its National Office team in Palestine.
Position: Human Resources and Organization Development Manager
Reports to: National Director
The Human Resources and Organization Development Manager is a core member of the National Management Team (NMT). He/She oversees and/or implements the National Association’s strategic ONE movement plan and all HR/OD policies/procedures particularly the different HRD Concepts (YCCW HRM Concept, VD HRM Concept, SOS Mother Handbook, the Global Human Resources Paper “Our Human Resources Development Approach”), the Human Resources Manual and the NA Manual. The HR/OD Manager ensures that all administrative issues are carried out in strict compliance with the national legislation and Labour Law as well as with the SOS internal guidelines. He/She is the focal point for internal and employee communication and ensures delivery of HR/OD operations and administration. He/She is supporting the National Director in governance topics and developing the National Association as a whole.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensures that both long and short term HR/OD planning takes place and monitors such plans.
• Inputs to and is involved in the annual planning and budgeting process.
• Is a member of the National Management Team (NMT) and therefore plays a key role in the overall strategic and operational planning for the NA.
• Ensures that employees receive and understand consistent and effective details/messages on all aspects of HR and relevant policies.
• Is a national custodian of the SOS CV Vision/Mission/Values and guides the content, method and alignment of internal communication
• Oversees or supports employee/management relations, issues, conflicts. He/She negotiates and mediates where required.
• Maintains and develops relationships with internal and external partners (e.g. other department heads, GSC, NA Board, government, suppliers).
HR Policies and Processes
In all cases the national HR/OD Manager ensures the NA introduces and then adheres to GSC guidelines and policies, working with the regional HR/OD advisor and NMT to make appropriate adaptations to suit local labour law, conditions and circumstances.
The HR/OD Manager works in all fields of the HR cycle:
• Personnel Planning and Job Design
• Recruitment and selection
• Orientation and Integration
• Training, learning and development (may include development/delivery of training and/or the organisation of training and staff development or even management of a training centre or training staff)
• Compensation and benefits management (may include payroll)
• Performance management
• Discipline and grievance
• Phase out and retirement
• Supports the process for actively recruiting new NA.
• Offers advice to the NMT and board on matters of Organisation Development (OD) such as structure, governance and change management.
HR Administration and Support to the National Director
• Ensures that all employees have a well maintained staff file at programme and/or national office level.
• Manages the national HR database(s) (or similar spread sheets).
• Ensures compliance with national labour law across the organisation including offering advice to staff/management where required.
• Offers ad-hoc HR/OD support and advice to National Director and NMT.
• Creates or inputs to regular and as requested reports for NMT, GSC offices or relevant external stakeholders.
• Updates and maintains regular HR/OD figures (e.g. turnover, leave, headcount etc.).
• Ensures that employees understand all HR aspects and relevant policies. And also, maintains and develops relationships with internal and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master Degree in Human Resources.
• Minimum 4 years verified experience in the field HR.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes:
• High level of integrity and a role model to staff with excellent skills of communication
• Knowledge of general law related to HR, (Palestinian Labor Law, Palestinian Civil service Law-etc).
• Knowledge of Child Safeguarding
• Self-motivated, determined, innovative, pro-active and with a “can do” mentality, i.e. ability to identify and take advantage of fundraising opportunities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and social competence
• A strong result-orientation combined with a proven competence in strategic planning, budgeting, analysis and evaluation
• Able to manage own time and to work under high pressure
• To know and identify with the vision, mission and values of SOS Children’s Villages
• Fluent Arabic spoken and written. Excellent English writing skills an advantage.
• Good MS Office commands (Word, Power Point, and Excel)
• Event planning experience
• Positive working attitude and ability to work under pressure
• Highly organised, result-oriented, proactive, reliable and sensitive to deadlines
• Innovative and creative, proposing new ideas and insights which lead to business improvements, and claiming and demonstrating high professional standards
• Engaged, determined, persistent, “can do” and solution-oriented mentality
• Regularly monitors performance against milestones and standards and takes swift action to deal with variances.
• Strategic and analytical thinking abilities
• Good team player
Interested candidates must send their CV, cover letter and three traceable references to: email@example.com by the 25th of May, 2017
Indicating in the subject line: Human Resources and Organization Development Manager
Only short listed candidates will be contacted